Sunday, June 23

These Days

January 29, 2013

It's been one month since I saw my doc.  Three months since my last treatment.  Eleven months since I hit remission.  Yup, that means next month is my one year anniversary.  Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a year since that sweet, sweet day.

I've been happy and (for the most part) healthy this new year.  Despite some colds here and there, I've been noticing every week a bit more pep in my step.  I'm noticing I can stay up later and out longer without becoming exhausted.  I'm back in yoga.  I'm focusing on my diet trying to keep it as healthy as possible... although that totally goes to the crapper if I eat out.  I should start working on that.  I am VERY excited to be regaining feeling in my hands and feet.  They are being hit more often with Charlie horses than before which I find strange.  It's funny how Charlie horses use to take my breath away as I yelled in discomfort to the sky all while flopping around like a fish out of water until they went away.  These days I just roll my eyes and rub my foot until I can feel it again and move on.  We're talking multiple a day here.  It's the worst in my hand when I'm trying to write or cut with scissors and my hand freezes in that position.  It's like a rock that has to rubbed back to life.  But the MOST exciting part of all - I can once again successfully open string cheese!

Just like most tragedies in life, it's taken time to feel back to normal since treatment has ended.  Treatment created a different me.  I was very positive about life, but more emotional about the little things in life.  It feels good to be getting back to normal, mentally and physically.  I don't have to schedule my life around treatment anymore.  Or rely on my sister and friends to help me out.  I'm able to lay around on the couch because I WANT to, not because I'm drained from treatment and have to.  I'm starting to get a grasp on my finances and do not feel stressed about paying bills as often.  It's strange not having my day-to-day routine include cancer, but it's also incredibly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment