Thursday, August 2

Colorado!

Back in May I was surprised by my childhood friends Amy, Katie, Krissy (sister), and Blair with a trip to celebrate my remission.  Check out SURPRISE! we (heart) melrose to read all about it.  The original plan was to hit up Austin, TX, a city none of us have visited.  But after a month of planning I decided I'd love to see Katie's fam (her husband, Bryan, I have also been friends with for 22 years.  And I'm slightly obsessed with their daughter, Lucy who has pics all over this blog :) and since Blair is living with them in Denver this summer it would be easiest for me, Krissy, and Amy to travel there.  So Colorado it was.

Our trip was filled with laughing, dancing, reading, coloring, singing, and many new memories to put down in the book.  Unfortunately they were stuck with a crabby Mel for the first couple days.  The Colorado air and I did not get along - it felt like that elephant was back sitting on my chest.  The thin air drained me and I was exhausted!  But of course by day 5 I was acclimated with plenty of energy and was ready to do the trip all over again! 

When we arrived in Denver, Katie had delicious food waiting for us along along with a masseuse!  We headed out on the town with our good friend Marissa, then woke up early the next morning to really start our trip - Breckenridge.  We went horseback riding, ice cream eating, white water rafting, hiking (well, the girls did - the flight of stairs was enough of a hike for me!), shopping, hot tubbing, and a lot of hanging out around the condo.

It if wasn't for these girls I wouldn't of had a real vacation this summer.  They took care of picking up all of my costs so I could join them.  This is one of the most selfless things that has ever been done for me, I could not be more thankful.  Thank you girls, I love you :)

Krissy and Amy during our layover in Omaha aka the smallest airport ever.

Krissy, Marissa, Amy, Me, Katie, Blair @ dinner in Denver.

Heading towards the hills!  On our way to Brec.

Horseback riding in Avon - beyond beautiful.

Lake Dillon.  We laid on blankets, picnicked, and napped while Amy read to us

Bright and early drive to white water rafting. 

Enjoying our last day in Brec. Blair, Krissy, Amy, Me, and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment