Friday, October 7

This Week's Best Medicine

So you've heard be talk a lot about the amazing caregiver, my sister Kristin Jane (or as the rest of the world call her - besides Amy & Katie - Krissy).  We are pretty extreme as opposites go, but I also don't know two sisters who are closer than us.  She's the first person to put me in my place when I'm being too much of a princess as well as the first person to come running when I'm in need.  She is one of the most giving people out there, someone who is also cursed with the mentality of GO GO GO GO GO.  She's a bereavement counselor for teens with Annie's Hope.  She's a big sis with Big Brothers Big Sisters.  She's an executive member of JBoard (I have still yet to figure out what she does there).  And she has the most eclectic groups of friends... some of which she hides from me because I am just too good at embarassing her :).  She is witty, intelligent, silly, sometimes too knowledgeable, and the most important person in my life.  We fight, we cry, we bicker, and are VERY good at getting under each others' skin.  In true sister style, we can only be together for so many days until we become catty.  But the same goes for only allowing so many days in between our times together. 

Ever since my (well, our) mini vacay at Barnes a few weeks ago, she's been playing catch-up at work and has yet to win that battle.  She's prepping for a big trip to... Brussels?  I'm so good at not remembering details like that.  Well, last year it was Japan, I remember that!... for a few weeks for work.  Needless to say, she's bombarded at the moment.  She sent me a picture text two days ago of a GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers that were sent to her at work.  It had a sweet note attached thanking her for her support... with no signature.  Wish I could take credit for that one!  We are unsure who it came from, and what they are thanking her for (yes, she helps so many people out there).  Our final guess is that it is from a family member or friend appreciating her selflessness when it comes to my illness.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  But it put a smile on her face.  And a smile on my caregiver's face is a smile on my face.  Best medicine of the week.  Thank you for taking care of my sister while she takes care of me. 

2 comments:

  1. Um. I love you. Thank you for putting ANOTHER smile on my face on this frantic Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and as a JBoard (aka Annie's Hope Junior Board) member, essentially I organize fund raising events for Annie's Hope.

    ReplyDelete