Tuesday, December 27

Healthy Holidays

It has been a very BUSY holiday break so far and it couldn't make me happier!  I have a full 2 weeks off from school with one down and one still to go!  I jam-packed my first week with Christmas parties, nightly outings, dinners, happy hours, couch cuddling, and of course Christmas with the fam.  Although I think Krissy got her fill of me on Christmas, haha!  Christmas Eve included me "stopping by" Ronna's which turned into an almost 4 hour visit.  At last night's gathering with close girlfriends we toasted Michelle's engagement to Pete.  Tonight I will do it all over again with different girlfriends toasting Toni and Paul.  I visited my own city including Imos and the Arch with Lisa and her new bf, Tim.  I have had lots of Amy and Katie time including dinner, my favorite Robust, and a good 'ol BAM party.  Christmas was also spent with my second family, the Neighborhood friends, where the singles beat the married, a Nerf war erupted, and we laughed until we cried (haha!).  JRob and I have found ourselves living up life all around town into the wee hours of the night taking pics with Santa on the street.  It has been beyond busy and more fun than I could have ever asked for.  Here I am, on day 7, and finally having a morning to myself.  I still have a day full of my Maryville bff, Kelly in store, as well as Baby Lucy love, a lego extravaganza, a sister tea-date (as much as I annoy her, she can't hide for long!), Toni time, NYE, and hopefully a day all to myself :).  

I have found myself spending more time than usual reflecting on my enjoyable adventures so far this break.  I have been healthy which is the most important and most exciting of it all.  Still a bit of the cold, but nothing bad at all!  My cough has had me lying to countless people that it's just a cold, but then again, most of the people I have been with know it's not just a cold.  They just get me water :). 

My favorite part about this past week is I haven't been thinking about my diagnosis.  It's starting to become a part of me, time is finally letting it soak in.  The most recent news is a bit scary, but even more reason not to focus on it and enjoy what amazing people I have in my life. 

I still have a whole entire week of this amazingness!  (and yes, that word was for you, Kristin Jane :)

1 comment: