Tuesday, April 19

Blown Away from Love and Support!

Wowsers...  I am touched by everyone's messages, comments, and emails.  Thank you all for your sweet words!

I ran into an old friend on Sunday before my biopsy and of course I am asked, "So what's new in your world?"   Immediately I think, "Oh, same 'ol, same 'ol... school is great, I just had a wonderful girls weekend, oh, and I might have cancer.... but we won't know for sure until they cut me open at 7am tomorrow."  As I managed to cover up any hesitation in my response and just simply brag about my amazing job, I began to think, how on earth do I share this news... without being completely blunt?!  And then, how do I keep everyone updated without exhausting myself?!


I have found journaling to be one of the best stress relievers in my life.  As I journal about this journey I'm about to once again visit, it dawned on me that blogging is the simplest, most peaceful, and most efficient outlet to share my news and updates.  Hooray for technology! When I was diagnosed the first time Facebook wasn't even alive yet!

I finally found myself ready to share my news over the weekend, but I was not expecting the response that followed!  I truly am blessed, thank you all for your much appreciated support.  Now to answer a few questions... No, there's nothing you can do, although sending happy thoughts my way is always appreciated!  And yes, you are more than welcome to add me to your prayer list, the more the merrier!  

I feel calm and complete again after opening up; I no longer feel like I'm hiding a secret from the world.  Although if you saw me, it is obviously not secret when you check out the scar on my neck!


Thank you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment