Thursday, July 7

Week 12 on the pill

Wow, 3 months!  It doesn't feel that long, but I guess that's not a bad thing!

I see my doc in one week - it's been 3 weeks since we last met and I received the wonderful news.  On the agenda is a discussion about this ANNOYING respiratory thing (I'm going on 2 months - I seriously miss my voice), find out how my blood counts are doing, and when we plan to rescan.  For the most part I've been feeling fine.  I've been bogged down a few times in the past week with headaches that won't go away unless I take a 3 hour nap (not always easy to do while at work at 1:00 in the afternoon).  I will make it half way through my day and be slapped in the face with a hangover.  It doesn't matter if I laid on the couch the evening before sipping Sprite and watching America's Got Talent, chemo hangovers just find me out of the blue and decide to give me hell.  Naps have been my best friend during the past week.  I take at least one a day, although last Monday it was 3.  Yesterday was only a 1 nap kind of day... but then I slept a wonderful 11 hours at night.  Sometimes when I look at my sleeping and feeding schedule I associate myself with a 6 month old - awesome.  

This past week I also discovered the worst thing that could possibly happen to me - I'm having allergic reactions to ketchup.  Yes, ketchup.  I'm not sure if you're aware, but ketchup is a staple in my diet.  I love it with everything!  Foods high in sugar and acid have never settled well (like tomatoes, candy, etc.) and I think with my counts so low my body is unhappy with my infatuation with a sugary acid :(.  Granted it's just a rash, but it's itchy and on my face - not cool.  So, looks like my favorite condiment is going to take a break from my diet for a bit!

I've been on break from school for a few weeks, but the second half of our summer program starts back on Monday.  I'm super pumped to see my kiddos, but not looking forward to them pretending they can't hear my 80-year-old voice and running in the other direction.  I'm also sad to be missing out on my morning nap.  Maybe I'll get my own cot and nap with them in the afternoon?! 


Here's to a week of good rest and discovering new condiments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment