Thursday, April 26

Cycle 7

It's been a full week since my last treatment and I'm happy to report that I'm once again feeling normal.  The nausea isn't lingering around like it did last time - yippee!  The neuropathy has returned a bit stronger this time, but not as severe as during cycles 3&4.  Although this morning I haven't had feeling in my right pointer finger except for some tingling!  The only thing that's still causing problems is the fatigue.  I've needed caffeine to get through everyday so far this week.  I made sure to be in bed super early last night in hopes to be more alert today.  But nope, still soo tired.  At least I tried, right??  Nine hours was not enough.  Then I think back to this time last year when I first started the chemo.  Holy crap I was having to take naps during my break at work - I was beyond exhausted!  My body was too tired to even mop the floors then!  I've grown accustomed to the exhaustion over the past 12 months and have learned how to just deal.  Only 6 more months of just dealing!!

So the actual treatment last week went very smoothly.  The chemo nurse and my lab tech both found good veins on the first try.  Krissy brought some sort of amazing chocolate & nut mix that was heaven in my mouth.  My docs are very happy with my stable blood counts and overall health.  All and all, for being on chemo, things are good!

The hangover was once again pretty rough, but I was prepared this time!  My boss and I decided at last minute that I should take the whole day off instead of just a half - better safe than sorry.  And I'm glad I did - I needed it!  I was dozing off during the car ride home with Krissy.  But I made sure to be alert enough for the Chick Fillet drive through!  I am not a fast food kind of person, but it just sounded AMAZING.  I'm noticing after chemo I can eat and eat and eat and eat.  My body is experiencing a horrible poison and needs nourishment.  So I pack on the calories!  It took a good 48 hours of eating until I finally felt full!

Thirteen more days of beautiful weather and good health until I do it all again - treatment 8.  The good news?  After treatment 8 I will be HALF WAY DONE WITH TREATMENT!!!  WOOOO HOOOO!!!


1 comment:

  1. How did TJ's prepared foods end up treating you? Almost half way theeeere!

    ReplyDelete