Tuesday, August 16

Life off the Pill

Today marks day 6 off of the pill.  I see my doctor (actually, she's out of town.  I see her Fellow and Nurse Coordinator) tomorrow.  I will have my blood tested and hopefully have a higher neutrofil count and will once again be eligible for the trial.  I'm not really sure if I've noticed much of a difference.  I have TONS more energy and I feel like I'm running a mile a minute.  Possibly because school starts in a week and I'm already working full time with the kids while trying to get set up for the year (yes, sounds strange - for pre-k we go year round.  This week the elementary teachers' kids return, so while I'm trying to prep for my year that technically starts next week, I'm actually kinda-sorta starting this week with most of the kids...).  So trying to prep before I start even though I've already started brings on a lot of anxiety/energy.  I've been trying to keep myself mellow and my nerves calm by leaving all school work at school and keeping myself busy in the evenings with a social agenda, but at the end of the day I'm still wired!  Chemo withdrawals?!  Haha!  When school calms down I'm sure I'll calm down.  

I've finally adjusted to the fact that these tumors are sticking around.  Nope, don't like it one bit.  But it is what it is, so time to suck it up and deal with the facts.  Yes, finally a week later I've accepted the news and I'm moving along nicely.  Thank you all for the encouragement and support - it is the reason I am able to move forward without worries :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment