Tuesday, August 23

Back to School

Tomorrow is the official first day of school.  Let's hope this energy boost continues!  I'm feeling great and ready to take on my kiddos :).

In honor of the big day, I want to share something that occurred last week and warmed my heart... 

One of my little guys wasn't feeling well on Friday.  No idea what was wrong, he just simply had a fever.  Another teacher was consoling him (far away from me and my low counts!) while he cried on her shoulder from feeling icky.  One of my girls was sitting with me watching the other teacher help the poor guy.  The little girl, age four, says, "Why is he crying?"  My response was, "He has a fever.  He doesn't have a cold or a tummy ache.... he just doesn't feel well... and we don't know why.  When we don't know what exactly is wrong, some people call it "under the weather".  The little girl continued to watch the boy, paused for a moment, then looked at me and smiled, "Well I'm on TOP of the weather because I feel good!"  

It was one of those moments when everything around me disappeared and my attention was completely wrapped around her words.  Typically when a child sees a peer receiving special attention, he or she will try to find a way to receive his or her own special attention.  But her optimism on life is remarkable... and inspires me to continue to only look for the positive as each day passes.


Here's to being on top of the weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment