Tuesday, March 20

The Little Things of My Week

You know how I love the little things.  Especially when they are unexpected.  Last week I received several amazing pieces of news.  And when I say amazing, I mean pretty cool to me; not the life-changing-tumors-are-gone type of news.  But I don't know if I'll ever receive news as amazing as that... and I'm okay with that!

First was a phone call from one of my favorite nurses.  I called in a refill for one of my prescriptions earlier in the day to her office.  Instead of calling the pharmacy she called me back - "I have 6 months of samples waiting for you at the front desk."  SWEEEEET!  I love it when they look out for me :) That's a few hundred dollars back in my wallet!

Probably the MOST exciting news of the week came from my sister.  I was in a convo with someone about my treatments and I mentioned how I have them every three weeks through this December.  Krissy was there and interrupted (she always has to be right), "Mel, I've been telling you, I don't think it's until December."  This girl could have done my math homework for me in high school (although usually I had Amy or Bryan do it).  "You have 16 cycles; this will not last until December.  October will be your last treatment."  Me, "WHAT?!  ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"  I honestly haven't done the math.  The docs always say it's a year of treatment.  So since I started in January I just assumed I was going until December.  HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT?!  Maybe I can talk them into only giving me 15 rounds instead of 16 so I can kick off 30 chemo free??  Haha, either way, there is going to be a GIANT party - get pumped!

This past weekend I was in Chicago to celebrate St. Pat's with some favorites.  While visiting Lisa and Steph I was fortunate to visit with many more of our friends.  And it is always so fun to see people for the first time since my great news - it's like it's brand new news all over again!  Everyone is excited and hugging and cheering as if I just told them.  I like this whole remission thing :)

The week began and ended on very good notes.  Overall, the neuropathy in my hands has not been as intense this cycle - hooray!  But I noticed increased pain on both ends of the week.  While having couch time with Maaria and Sheila two Sunday's ago Sheila kindly gave me a hand massage - aaaaa-maaaaa-zing.  Then while driving home from Chicago on this past Sunday Krissy couldn't deny my request as my swollen hands rested on the pillow I was wishing my head could be sleeping on.  Hand massages are seriously the best - I think it's time to invest in a hand masseuse!  

Here's to hoping for another week filled with wonderful little things!  Then again, when living with the glass half full it's inevitable - they will come :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't always have to be right. It's just that when I am right, I feel I have the duty to point that out. You know, just so the correct information is being circulated. :)

    ReplyDelete