Friday, March 30

One Year Strong

Last Friday one year.  One year ago I received the once again life-changing phone call.  Isn’t it funny how I can’t remember what I ate for lunch yesterday but I can tell you everything about that moment (7th paragraph) which occurred 366 days ago?  I reread my very first post, rediscovering how strong I was during the testing and staging of those first few weeks.  I was diagnosed at stage four.  I was put on a clinical trial.  We were at our last options of hope.  I honestly impress myself sometimes... I don't know how I did it.  Being strong I’ve learned isn’t a choice – it’s a necessity for survival.  And it's not easy.  But I've persevered and have honestly enjoyed myself at some points while trying!  I have been through a RIDICULOUS roller coaster of shrinking, growing, and disappearing tumors.  And I've battled through some awful infections as well as some emotional battles.   But I did it.  One year strong.  Just 7 more months of treatment and hopefully this battle will be over.  Unfortunately it will be years until I can really say it's behind me.  There will be a lot of monitoring of my health until I am completely said and done.  But it's there - and I'm just that much closer to it - the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment: