Wednesday, March 14

Month One into Remission

One month of remission - pretty damn cool.  I wish I had more of an update to provide, but at the same time I'm pretty in love with the fact that there is nothing new to report on!  In my last post I was boasting that I woke up without a chemo hangover - mostly true.  I woke up feeling fine, but holy crap the sandman hit me hard that afternoon!  And it lasted about 48 hours!  But ever since I've been feeling great.  No unwanted side effects.  No unwanted ailments.  Just living the life of a 29-year-old cancer survivor, hanging out in remission :).

I've been finding myself still living everyday like it's the last.  My only goals in the day revolve around happiness.  I've been reflecting a lot while in the moment - soaking up how wonderful so many little things are in life that we take for granted.  My favorite from last week was from one of my girls at school - she ran back inside for one more hug from me before getting in the car with her parents at the end of the school day.  Hugs from little arms are truly some of my favorite things in life.  I have so much fulfillment in life from my kiddos. 

I've decided it's time to find more in life.  I have found happiness and joy in so many things that I do, but I want more.  It's time to do more than just live for the moment; I want to find life satisfaction.  This is where the lines become blurred as a cancer patient.  I've taught myself to just push through and make the best of life - live for the moment, always say yes, find the best in every situation.  I have already increased the quantity of happiness of my life, I now want to explore the quality.  I'm ready for more.  I'm ready to fall in love.  I want to give back like those who have given to me.  I'm ready to exercise not to just tone my body, but to feel the benefits of being healthy.  I want to meditate.  I'm ready to expand my mind and get more out of life.  I'm no longer relying on a scan to tell me my future, I'm ready to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment