Thursday, August 2

I'm still here :)

I think the moment has come.... I am finally at terms with being a cancer patient.  Now this doesn't mean I have life figured out, It's About to get Personal has a part 2 coming at you soon.  But being a cancer patient has become routine in my life.  So routine that I almost forgot last Tuesday I needed to stop everything that evening and prep for my 48 hour vacay in bed.  So routine that my sister forgot  about it as well and had meetings scheduled yesterday!  (Good thing Amy isn't back in school yet!)  It's so routine that I do not have any emotions about going to treatment, being annoyed with treatment, or think of it as a big deal.  Going to the hospital every 3 weeks has become a part of my life.  It's not a bad thing, it's just routine.  And this routine has a light at the end of the tunnel: 17 months down, 3 months to go!!!

I've been away from the computer for the past month (I know, I'm a horrible blogger!) because it's been summer and I've been having FUN!!  I just wrapped up a weekend to remember being a bridesmaid for one of my bffs.  It was truly a weekend to remember and I feel so blessed not only to be a part of her unforgettable day, but to be able to attend as a healthy can't-tell-by-looking-at-me cancer patient.  I have a lot to catch up on, so hopefully my numb fingers can keep up with me tonight!  It's time for a blog blowout!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment