Wednesday, June 1

Finally some R&R!

The month of June has been very good to me so far :).  Granted it's only day 1, but I feel like it's moving in the right direction!  I had my blood tests today and it always feels good leaving the Siteman Center looking and feeling healthy.  Although only the nurses knew I wasn't 100% healthy when they heard me talk!  It's been 3 weeks since I first lost my voice.  It's not 100% back, but I can tell it's trying!  It's pretty low and raspy, and my cough is still hanging around, but don't worry because I'm sure the high-pitched voice is just around the corner :)

I'm still struggling with eating appropriately, and I'm not sure if there is hope in that area.  With the sore throat I've had anything cold has been preferred.  But some days I feel stuffed after 500 calories and other days I'm still hungry after 5,000 calories.  I just don't get it.  

I have 2 weeks to go until we find out of the drug is working or not.  Until then I plan on taking it easy.  The month of May was a bit too busy with weddings, showers, end of school, friends in town, and endless social gatherings!  No, I am not complaining one bit, don't you worry, I love my life.  June still offers me more showers, weddings, and many more friends in town, but I'm looking forward to it all!  The month of May taught me how to say no if I need to as well as take a night off for some extra sleep.  Memorial Day weekend was the perfect ending to a busy month and an even better beginning to another busy month.  I spent the weekend either on the couch or at the pool.  I plan on making this a repeat.  Living the life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment