Thursday, June 2

Lots of good, lots of UG

Today started off great.  The kiddos were extra sweet, my to do list at school is winding down, and it was BEAUTIFUL outside.  I was feeling pretty good, up until my voice really started to give out.  Let me tell you, it is extremely challenging to breathe while singing Baa Baa Black Sheep in a whisper voice.  By the time lunch rolled around I was feeling pretty drained and yucky, and food sound absolutely unappealing.  My cough was also increasing, at times to the point of throwing up, which only increased my nausea.  I was DONE.  I called the doc for some advice.  In our 5 minute convo I felt suddenly relieved.  I had labs yesterday and it turns out that my white counts are down.  On the scale of low to good they are at the bottom of low.  They aren't horrible (like off the chart it's time for a blood transfusion low), they just are not very good.  So it made sense why I was feeling so crappy.  Once I had this knowledge it made me feel lots better - it's all about mind over matter.  Knowing WHY I wasn't feeling so well allowed for my day to carry on nicely, even if I was out of breath.  Unfortunately, the nausea did not leave with my new perspective on the day.  I picked up some new meds from the doc (in hopes to help my cough/throat/voice situation).  And of course the bottle says it must be taken with food to avoid stomach upset.  Well my stomach is already upset!  So now I have to force myself to eat something so I don't get sick while taking this new med... and eating something will only cause me to get sick so what do I do?!  I threw in the white towel and called Krissy.  After discussing what sounded somewhat appealing versus absolutely repulsive, I decided I needed something cold and creamy, but not sweet.  Yup, let's say it together, high maintenance.  Thirty minutes later, Krissy was at the door with coleslaw, potato salad, and pasta salad.  All three of which tasted good and have so far settled nicely.  On the note of a calm tummy, I think it's time for bed! 

2 comments:

  1. Im thinking of you Melissa. It's the 8th today and I hope your feeling better.
    I just emailed you and I can't wait to hear back from you!
    If theres anything I can do for you... from a distance, let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leigh! If I ever need anything from Germany I will for sure hit you up :)

    ReplyDelete