Sunday, June 12

HIgh Maintenance!

Yup, my body is 100% high maintenance.  I have the expensive creams and lotions to help my skin from aging (from the effects from the chemo and surgery scars over the years).  Between vitamins, probiotics, supplements, and prescriptions, I take 8+ pills a day (also, NOT CHEAP).  But this time my body is truly upset with me (and so will be my doc if I can't get this fixed ASAP...).  My time in the sun should be limited, and for the most part it is.  But one of my favorite vices in life is being at the pool.  And considering there is one just outside the back door of the condo, I have found myself there many times already this summer :).  I have been good about it in years past, but I have decided that life is short and I want to enjoy the little things - like pool time!!  My roommate and I spent all day Friday at the pool loving every minute of it.  And I reapplied spf 3 times!  I did not burn, I am good about that, although my chest did get a little pink (but it does no matter what - it was burned severely when I had radiation treatment on my chest in 2005).  Unfortunately my body does not agree with my recreational hobby and I have broken out in a rash, a symptom of Polymorphous light eruption (a form of sun poisoning).   I'm pretty sure this has only occurred because my neutrophil count is low (see previous posts about my blood counts).  lt is commonly found in people who are rarely in sunlight and find themselves spending time in the sun.  I really just look like I have acne in very random places on my body (like my knees, looks kinda funny!).  Yes, it itches, but I have been covering it with hydrocortisone cream so cross your fingers for a quick recovery!


Now let's just hope these tumors aren't going to be as high maintenance!  Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!  I have my PET scan scheduled for the first appointment in the day tomorrow.  I will drink the yummy barium (no, it's not really yummy) and lay in a bed for an hour while radioactive dye is administered via iv and searches my body for tumors.  After an hour of laying around, I then do some more laying, but now it a tube.  But I'm not allowed to move while in the tube, so not as easy as it sounds.  Somehow this tube I'm laying in takes pictures of the radioactive dye that has attacked the tumors, so the radiologists will be able to tell if the tumors are growing, shrinking, or have stayed the same.  COME ON SHRINKING!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment