Tuesday, October 2

10,000 Strong

I started this blog in April of 2011, just weeks after I relapsed.  I had become a broken record repeating the same info to all of my friends on the phone.  Now don't get me wrong, I am grateful and humbled by the attention and love from my friends.  I truly feel special and loved.  But it was hard keeping up with everyone!  Enter Holding onto Hope.  I had intended for it to recap my latest doctor visits and let the girls know I was feeling okay.  Today it serves as so much more than that.  Besides fulfilling my need to let it all out, I am honored to be called an inspiration to others who walk beside me during this journey.  I've let down my guard and became honest with my journey.  Really, there is nothing to hide.  Now yes, I have spared you many gross details.  But the emotional and mental journey that is included with the physical pain is sometimes more intense than the chemo itself. 

At some point this summer my blog reached 10,000 views from all around the world.  I can't believe it.  I understand that some blogs reach that in a week if not days.  But I'm a 20-something (for a couple more days), HL relapsed, St. Louisan who is just sharing the latest and greatest about my journey.  Those of you who have reached out to me via email sharing your own stories and looking to connect have touched my heart.  I find it hard to believe that I have such a strong following.  Thank you for listening to my story and letting me vent a bit.  I appreciate all of your kind words and the never ending support.  It is the support that keeps me positive and strong.  I am a true believer that my positive attitude has been a huge reason for why I am in remission and still alive today.  So for that I thank you; thank you for helping me win this battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment