Thursday, October 25

It was one of those mornings!



I’m actually a rare breed who looks forward to Monday’s.  I love seeing the kiddos refreshed and ready for school.  Their happy energy gives me an extra pep in my step.  But thing is, they already wore me out on Sunday, so Monday was suddenly a different story!  I spent Sunday morning at school with my families sprucing up our school yard, something we do a couple times a year; it was nothing new to me.  But coming home for lunch and feeling 100% exhausted was!  I am not made for physical labor these days.  I spent the rest of the day on the couch.  I made a trip to Target in the evening and then found my bed.  It wasn’t just the exhaustion as much as it was my numb fingers that were bothering me.  My hands are staring to struggle again.  I have achy fingers with the once again non-string cheese opening fingers.  Yard work definitely strained my hands more than I had expected!

So there I am Monday morning, wiped out, dragging, trying to get myself together for an unusually early morning at school.  I pride myself on being up and out the door in 15 minutes before school.  That was not so much the case on Monday.  As I was getting dressed (with clothes picked out the night before) I notice my fingers are still numb.  Eh, no biggie, I’m getting use to this fact with life these days.  But then I found myself in a predicament; I couldn’t zip my pants.  Yes, they are a big snug from the weight I’ve put on, but come on, they aren’t that tight!  My fingers weren’t strong enough to pull the zipper up.  I’ve created new calluses on the side of my index knuckle as well as the skin in between my thumb and index finger from discovering new ways to open things.  But neither of those worked.  I found a hook and pulled my zipper up that way.  But then CRAP, I could not get my pants buttoned.  I tried every position possible but that damn button was not going in the hole.  My fingers no longer have the skills to push a button through a hole.  So solution?  Find new pants.  ARG, this is so making me late.  I found pants with a button that didn’t stand a chance to my weak and measly fingers and finally made it to school.

School was actually great, packed with a Grandparent Breakfast, playing in the rain, and happy-go-lucky children.  But come nap time I hit a wall and wanted so badly to curl up with them.  Many times I do in order to get some much needed shut-eye during nap time, but I was afraid if I took a nap it would make me feel even more groggy.  So I pushed through like I do best and found myself in bed at 5:00 after school.  My fingers and I were beat!  It was definitely a frustrating day, but of course no real complaints.  Lesson learned: invest in more leggings!

No comments:

Post a Comment