Sunday, January 22

Let there be ENERGY!

I'm really enjoying this new chemo!  There are things here and there that make me nauseous, but for the most part I'm keeping my food down, coughing less, getting sick less, and feeling well!  I really don't feel like I'm on chemo these days!  It's so strange to think that as aggressive as my tumors have become, the chemo that might get rid of them causes very few side effects?!  Love it!

The tingling in my hands and feet still creeps me out a bit.  But it's short lived when it does occur.  The only thing I really dislike about it is knowing it is caused from the chemo.  Oh, and my hair thinning.  I really don't feel a difference in my hair, but my bathroom sink is sure noticing the difference every time I do my hair!  The chemo brain is annoying as well - still hate losing my thoughts in the middle of a convo!  I was just told last night that I seemed to quickly lose my train of thought in conversation and forget about what I am presently talking about... and then quickly skip to a new topic!  Oopsie.  Well, part of me has always been like that, but the other part of me wanted to just shout, "It's called chemo brain!!"  But I refrained :)


The best part about this drug is the amount of energy I feel!  Since school started again after the holidays, I feel like a different person.  I'm so much more attentive and alert at school.  The lethargy isn't as bad.  I remember when I started the pill last spring all I wanted to do was sleep!  These days I can feel a difference when I am go go go during the day or when I take time to sit and rest for a few hours - taking time to rest does help.  But other than that I love feeling that I don't HAVE to sit and rest all of the time!  I'm out and about, loving this feeling of energy.  I've been fighting off a sinus infection for a couple of weeks, and although it's been sticking around, I haven't let it take me over!  Last Wednesday was pretty rough, I woke up with a fever and suddenly needed another 10 hours of sleep.  So work didn't happen that day and sleeping became my first priority.  But good thing I listened because I was back feeling fine at school on Thursday!  I'm not strong enough to completely get rid of this, and sometimes the headaches are ROUGH, but the energy is still here so that's all that matters. 

Treatment is again this Wednesday, as well as the scheduling of my next scans, EK!  But there's no need to be nervous when I have this much energy keeping my spirits up!  Yay for feeling great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment