Tuesday, January 10

So proud of myself!

For the fist time in TEN MONTHS I finally did something I've been talking about and longing for... yoga!  I hopped on the yoga train after my first experience with treatment in 2005.  It was a major factor in how I regained my strength after the transplant. 

I've been talking about it for months, but whenever I've had the energy after a day of work (which was always rare) it just never worked out.  But for the first time since school started in the fall, I am cold and cough free - it's so lovely!  Coincidence that I'm not a coughing machine now that I've been on my new chemo for 4 weeks?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

I have to say it felt amazing to be back.  Of course there are studios I prefer, but with medical bills and the choice to drive such an amazing car, this girl is on a buuuudget so I stick to the classes at my gym. 

My body feels a bit heavy today, I can tell I worked it hard last night, but I can't wait to get back there again later this week!  Hooray for more energy and feeling soo good physically that I'm able to add exercise to my daily routine.  I'm liking this new chemo!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa-if interested, there are some free classes for cancer survivors including 2 great ones in Webster at Big Bend Yoga...let me know if you want the info :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sounds good! And I like Big Bend Yoga! But the cancer classes I've found make the other patients feel bad because I've been doing yoga for years and I look very healthy. What is it like there?

    ReplyDelete