Thursday, February 16

I Just Kicked Cancer's Ass

Have you ever had the opportunity to share such amazing news that you can barely get it off of the tip of your tongue without sounding like a blubbering baby?  Well I hope you do because it is one of the most amazing feelings I have ever experienced.  Hell, I'm still experiencing it.  There is so much to say.  So many thoughts, so many details.  

Yes, my tumors are GONE.  I still can't type that word without the tears flowing.  I am beyond emotional right now.  I'm also still very groggy from my chemo hangover.  Since I'm suppose to be sleeping right now I'm going to keep this short.  How does one get 9.5 hours of sleep AND the most amazing news but still feel like crap the next morning?  One who also received chemo!  

I'm tired, I'm groggy, I'm exhausted.  My body feels like it weighs 5000lbs.  This chemo is good at taking the wind out of my sails.  But then I look at my Facebook.  And the 50+ texts on my phone.  And the voicemails are priceless you guys!  It's one thing to recieve such amazing news that it drops you to your knees in tears.  Then add the endless words from friends, family, and people I don't even know... there are no words to tell you how much I appreciate your support.  I'm often asked, "How do you stay in such great spirits?"  Well I need you all to know that I don't do it on my own.  It's your constant support that keeps me going.  The cards in the mail, your status updates dedicated to me, even the quick I'm thinking about you texts - you are all what keep me going.  We might not talk everyday, hell we might not have talked in years.  But it is so inspiring to receive words of hope.  I cannot thank you all enough. 

I feel like the shackles were removed from my feet last night.  Doors of opportunity are opening.  That giant weight of relief was lifted.  I just kicked cancer's ass.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping thinking about how amazing this is and KNOWING what it feels like....so awesome!!! HUGE HUGS!

    ReplyDelete